If you troll through our archives there are pictures of bedrooms 1, 2 and 3, and the bathroom and water closet, but it’s hard to get a sense of how small and poorly planned out they are. So after a long day of packing up and moving all the furniture out of the upstairs, Grimbil kindly shot a video of what it looked like before the renovations. It was shot on an iPhone, so please forgive the low quality. And for our non-Anglicized readers, “manky” = gross.
January marked our second year of owning our own home. Our first year was all about major change, whereas Year 2 was more about tweaking. Here are the highlights:
- Had the back yard completely redone, including new fence and new deck
- Grimbil took up wood working as a hobby and turned the old boiler closet into a linen closet. Result!
- He also framed out the garage, so that he can build the wood shop of his dreams.
- Kicked off the process of replacing the ratty old furniture by buying a snazzy new couch
- Finally installed our pendant lights in the kitchen. That means the kitchen is done!
Year 3 will be another big year for change: we are finalizing plans to completely redo the upstairs. More to come!
Another weekend, another post on home improvement. On Saturday I painted, cut, and fitted pine shelves for our now fully functional linen closet. I know Binky will appreciate the mop and bucket living somewhere besides the foyer and now we can clean out one of the guest bedroom dressers. Huzzah!